infra-org (urls)

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 21:06:40 PST 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Bill Stewart <bill.stewart at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Consciousness is something really complex we don't really understand.
>> Quantum physics is something really complex we don't really understand.
>> Therefore, Consciousness must be a Quantum Physics thing!  QED.
>
> If that works for you, you could go see the What the Bleep Do We Know

that movie discussed a few interesting concepts, but was overall too
annoying/incorrect for me to enjoy :/

regarding the role of quantum effects on consciousness, i am mostly
dismissing the purely deterministic models of consciousness arising
out of chemical interactions or fields only.

consider instead the role of quantum effects within the brain as
influence on nerve behavior within a integrated information theory of
consciousness...