Jacob Appelbaum in Germany

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Tue Dec 31 00:32:47 PST 2013

coderman ha scritto:
   Jim Bell <jamesdbell8 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Sorry to appear so ignorant, but what is a "*coin tipjar"?
> its a way to convert digital shared hallucinations into fiat
> denominated shared hallucinations.

   I prefer my shared hallucinations to be in the form of Lindens [1],
where at least my pretend money can be put to use to buy myself a fancy
pretend dress, decorate my pretend house, or take part in pretend masked
balls (until the server crashes, anyway).  Much like modern fiat
currency, Lindens are commonly earned through menial labor and sexwork,
though of course currency conversion is the most popular method of
obtaining them. Like Bitcoin you can buy your way in, and unlike
Bitcoin, the currency conversion process is straightforward.  The
perceived value of Lindens is tightly controlled by their governing
body, while Bitcoin's perceived value is dictated by media interest and
speculation.

~Griffin

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linden_Dollar#Economic_issues