[tor-talk] Request for "Tor, king of anonymity" graphic

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Dec 24 14:13:16 PST 2013

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 04:01:08PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:

> >> https://bayimg.com/BAfJGAafB
>
> > Sorry, but no.
> > Tor mailing lists are not places where spreading rape culture is ok,
> > whatever the point you are trying to make.
>
> Perhaps it is a leaked artistic caricature of a fun/educational play
> session between consenting parties in something like edukink,
> sfcitadel, soj, tes, fetlife and the like. Perhaps it is something else.
> As with all art... interpretation, learning, and appreciation or lack
> thereof is upon the viewer. No need to click links or start wars over
> them if you don't like.

Seriously?

If I had a security clearance and my job was to identify idiots to watch
more closesly, I'd make that image, post it anonymously, over tor, then
see who has an emotional reaction and starts posting a lot of links about
freedom of whatever.

That being said, it's funny in a third-grade sort of humor way, but what
I'd rather see is John Stewart/The Onion/cracked.com intelligent satire.

We can do better than bending over for the NSA and saying 'have at it'

So do better.