Aqua - a high bandwidth anonymity system that resists traffic analysis

Stevens stevens at mpi-sws.org
Tue Dec 17 02:30:44 PST 2013

Hi all,

As the project lead, allow me to clarify. Aqua is not led by Microsoft
Research but by the Max Planck Institute, a publicly funded German
institute for basic research*. The only author affiliated with Microsoft
is Hitesh Ballani, whose expertise on IP anycast has been useful when we
considered using IP spoofing among the mixes (this mechanism is
currently not part of Aqua's design).

All the best,
Stevens

* http://www.mpi-sws.org/index.php