Joke

James Brechtel jbrechtel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 14:21:06 PST 2013

>   That's cool. So, say something those idiots don't like, and they 'keep'
(steal) your money.

One of the neat things about BitCoin is it can enable the upsides of this
kind of pay-to-play transaction without the downside (e.g. they keep/steal
your money).

Essentially you can agree to put the money in an escrow, effectively, for
some amount of time and if you both decide so then it can be released to
you early....but they can never get it themselves.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Contracts#Example_1:_Providing_a_deposit