Who bought off Zimmermann?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Sun Aug 25 22:45:34 PDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013, at 11:12 PM, Bill Stewart wrote:
> You might be able to run an email service that scans inbound email for an
>          first,
> bounces the email with a 503 or 550: "Sorry, Encrypted Email Only,
> Get PGP at www.pgp.com",
> but that's really more annoying than just using Gmail with a user
> name pgp-only-johndoe43 at gmail.com.

I like the concept, but not with the ad for commercial PGP at the
expense of GnuPG and others. Though I think the following poster who
suggested scanning the email itself for the PGP identifier might be more
useful and less prone to being fooled by someone who just puts the
header in there without actually encrypting. Also, headers don't have to
be in a specific order, it's possible that "From:" or "Subject:"
accidentally get moved ahead of "X-PGP-Encrypted:" by mistake and that
would result in a false bounce.

--
  Shawn K. Quinn
  skquinn at rushpost.com