NSLs, gag-orders, code-changes, coerced backdoors - any tech response? (Re: Lavabit and End-point Security)

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Wed Aug 21 17:46:03 PDT 2013

Dnia środa, 21 sierpnia 2013 13:20:53 Lodewijk andré de la porte pisze:
> Torrents show. Bitcoin shows.
>
> Common protocol, many clients, graceful as possible failures, distributed
> everything.
>
> Else you'll always have a centralized something that can get broken.

This is so very true. Decentralisation is the only way to go, IMVHO. And the
lower network level we can decentralise, the better.

I'd like to see decentralisation-in-depth happening. As in: decentralised,
peer-to-peer communication services in a dynamically routed network built on
top of physical mesh.

With that in mind I love what Project Byzantium is doing, for example. The
elements are slowly getting into place, at some point we will get there, I'm
sure.

--
Pozdr
rysiek