Encrypted mailing lists?

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 21 03:58:41 PDT 2013

Sure, why not? Why not, you ask. Well, because encryption
creates secretkeepers just like official secretkeepers, and it
can become an obessession to believe only other secretkeepers
and disbelieve those who do not keep secrets. From that
a hatred of all-too-trusting openness becomes even more of
an enemy. Then the enemy must be demonized and warred
against, in secret.

However, so long as un-official secretkeeping never turns
into protection an uncontrollable killing machine of those
who find secretkeeping abysmally opposed to democracy,
then it should be an enjoyable past time for innocents avoiding
their future of really bad shit planned in official secrecy
protected by encryption for their use as cannon fodder.

Just a reminder that encryption is a munitions whose only
purpose is to secretly fuck with others. Use it for a game
only. Wargamers use it to deceive their murderous
intentions.

Now cryptoanarchy was always only a game of planning
assassination of political secretkeepers, despite official
misunderstanding and jailing of Jim Bell and Carl Johnson.

And not a few others comically believed that encryption
would protect them against really dirty fighters who
ignored digital black magic to target signal-emitting
OTR chatting warriors yarping strategy on cryptophones.

My PGP protects my right to post this rant, right? What,
there's a fault in my implementation, you say? Sysadmin
of mails lists are official informants, come on, now, that's
tinfoil gaming.