Avaaz in "grave danger" due to GMail spam filters

Moon Jones mjones at pencil.allmail.net
Tue Aug 20 14:18:56 PDT 2013

On 20.08.2013 15:41, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 20 sierpnia 2013 14:22:09 Moon Jones pisze:
>> On 18.08.2013 23:48, rysiek wrote:
>>> I happen to be on Avaaz's info distribution list,
>>
>> Weird. «Happen to be» sounds like you were waiting for a bus and
>> overhearing a talk behind you.
>
> Or, I am just using a figure of speech.

A figure of speech meaning what than? Shouldn't communication make thing
clear?

>> One of you does have a BIG problem. Either you are subscribed to some
>> spam corporation with no way to contact them, or you are just using this
>> list to raise awarness about some corporation by making others look for
>> solutions for you. Or is it something else?
>
> Or, I'm just asking on a pretty technical mailing list if anybody has any
> contact to an organisation that brushes shoulders with techies on a regular
> basis, which I would like to contact.

This list is a rather active one. It's in English so it's fair to assume
even if they are not Americans, a good part of the subscribed members
are from the States. As many people in the States live in New York, one
might go ahead and ask for a good pizza place or for the average rent
for one room appartments. Weird. I don't think that is appropiate. But I
will not continue on this thread.

> I found many, many times that such a strategy is not problematic to other list
> members while offering decent probability of success. If it has caused you any
> distress or anguish, I apologise with utmost sincerity.

Please do not apologise. But notice that most unprofessional spammers
also follow the same reasoning. «I thought someone might be interested»
some say.