Avaaz in "grave danger" due to GMail spam filters

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Tue Aug 20 06:41:14 PDT 2013

Dnia wtorek, 20 sierpnia 2013 14:22:09 Moon Jones pisze:
> On 18.08.2013 23:48, rysiek wrote:
> > I happen to be on Avaaz's info distribution list,
>
> Weird. «Happen to be» sounds like you were waiting for a bus and
> overhearing a talk behind you.

Or, I am just using a figure of speech.

I could have used "once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away I have
apparently signed up for"; or "I must've been drunk, as I don't remember
signing-up, but it must've sounded like a good idea back then"; or "as a
strong supporter of Avaaz I look forward to each and every single one of their
magnificent mailings".

For no particular reason I have happened to chose this particular figure of
speech, however.
/ see what I did just there? ;) /

> > My question is: does *anybody* on this list have some kind of contact
> > within Avaaz? I'd *love* to talk to them about it.
>
> One of you does have a BIG problem. Either you are subscribed to some
> spam corporation with no way to contact them, or you are just using this
> list to raise awarness about some corporation by making others look for
> solutions for you. Or is it something else?

Or, I'm just asking on a pretty technical mailing list if anybody has any
contact to an organisation that brushes shoulders with techies on a regular
basis, which I would like to contact.

I found many, many times that such a strategy is not problematic to other list
members while offering decent probability of success. If it has caused you any
distress or anguish, I apologise with utmost sincerity.

Please note that the "contact info" question was just "by the way", and had I
not gotten the idea to ask that question I would have sent ("I would have
happened to send"?) my e-mail either way (granted, with a bit different
ending).

--
Pozdr
rysiek