Avaaz in "grave danger" due to GMail spam filters

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Mon Aug 19 16:44:31 PDT 2013

2013/8/20 Steve Furlong <demonfighter at gmail.com>

> that email encryption is too difficult to set up and use or it means that
> most everyone is mostly too stupid.

The tools are just pretty damn stupid. I also hate it when the tools
(implicitly) tell the user "I'm about to do something complicated" or
"okay, now I'm performing magic". I understand it was hard for you to make
a GUI, don't make it hard for me to use. Please. I just wanna feel like I'm
in a sea of butterflies. And I want to adjust the butterflies if they don't
feel nice (iow: give me settings if I want them, else I just want to do
what I came for and don't complain to me about stuff I barely know. Or in
my case I actually know, but I know why users wouldn't ever get it. And for
me it's annoying too. Do I want a low grade of security? No. Do we (the dev
and I) know what's high and what's low grade? Yes. So why didn't the dev
default to choosing the secure option? Speed? Seriously? Wtf?)