Avaaz in "grave danger" due to GMail spam filters

staticsafe me at staticsafe.ca
Mon Aug 19 08:55:28 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 01:26:36PM +0200, rysiek wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 19 sierpnia 2013 13:10:05 Lodewijk andré de la porte pisze:
> > That's why he said spam-ish, not spam.
> >
> > Regardless it will make them be viewed much less. I think they're just
> > "taking eggs for their money". They know it's a lot to ask from people to
> > switch away from gmail. They love their arsefuckings.
> >
> > They might not have thought about the "big ridiculously high, then concede
> > to something high"-tactic. "Please, people, stop using gmail". Everyone:
> > "Noo! We love Gmail!". "Then at least send an e-mail back to fix gmail".
> > Everyone: "That sounds reasonable." instead of "please fix gmail". Everyone
> > "naah too much effort".
>
> This. Also, it wouldn't cost them a dime to add a sentence or two explaining
> why centralisation is the problem and how using other e-mail providers can
> help.
>
> --
> Pozdr
> rysiek

Sure, lets tell them to move their e-mail from Gmail....to where? To
another big mail provider (whats the point then?). Lavabit, Silent
Circle, Hushmail, Tormail? Nope. Self host their own e-mail? Hah. Most
people don't have the resources and/or the ability to do something like
that.

There is also the matter of trust, why should I trust $MAILHOST over
Google?

What is the solution then?

I hope I got my point across.
--