Freedom Hosting Owner Arrested, Tormail Compromised, Malicious JS Discovered

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sun Aug 11 16:44:27 PDT 2013

Dnia niedziela, 4 sierpnia 2013 14:12:53 Rich Jones pisze:
> https://openwatch.net/i/200/anonymous-web-host-freedom-hosting-owner-arreste

Well, dang.

Also:

"We have analyzed the security properties of Tor hidden
services and shown that attacks to deanonymize hidden
services at a large scale are practically possible with only
a moderate amount of resources. We have demonstrated
that collecting the descriptors of all Tor hidden services is
possible in approximately 2 days by spending less than USD
100 in Amazon EC2 resources. Running one or more guard
nodes then allows an attacker to correlate hidden services
to IP addresses using a primitive traffic analysis attack.
Furthermore, we have shown that attackers can impact the
availability and sample the popularity of arbitrary hidden
services not under their control by selectively becoming their
hidden service directories."

http://www.ieee-security.org/TC/SP2013/papers/4977a080.pdf

This is even more troubling, as apparently does not require any exploits.

--
Pozdr
rysiek