Metadata anonymization through time delayed email messaging.

Jeff Scofield jscofiel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:05:08 PDT 2013

Possibly, I will defer to the more technically learnt.

I'm not a nym server expert but from my laymen perspective the Pynchon Gate
design looks good. It might be totally redundant and unnecessary but if
metadata analysis is the concern, wouldn't such a setup be even more secure
by coding something so that the time between sending a message and
receiving a reply which in theory could leak information about the nym
holder, be sent at a random date in a given time-frame (unbeknownst to the
metadata leeches) . i.e. In 6-12 hours from the moment I click "send" or
say in 12-20 days etc.

The email message could be coded to send at random like an online roulette
table ball, within a given time window: verses say reloading every 24hours.
This would in theory give out incorrect message 'sent' time-stamps, or
would this be unnecessary because traffic from the user to the email
distributors is already being controlled by the user, which queries into
intervals anyway? Is that not metadata that can be tracked?

- J