NSA Head: US Cyber Offense Is Best in World

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Mon Aug 26 08:38:12 PDT 2013

http://blogs.fas.org/secrecy/2013/08/cyber-offense/

NSA Head: US Cyber Offense Is Best in World

"Cyber offense requires a deep, persistent and pervasive
presence on adversary networks in order to precisely deliver
effects," Gen. Alexander explained in response to a question
from Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ). "We maintain that access,
gain deep understanding of the adversary, and develop
offensive capabilities through the advanced skills and
tradecraft of our analysts, operators and developers.
When authorized to deliver offensive cyber effects, our
technological and operational superiority delivers
unparalleled effects against our adversaries' systems."