NSLs, gag-orders, code-changes, coerced backdoors - any tech response? (Re: Lavabit and End-point Security)

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 22:51:16 PDT 2013

>> This is so very true. Decentralisation is the only way to go, IMVHO. And
>> the lower network level we can decentralise, the better.

I like the decentral model. But I wonder about how to affirmatively
deny an influx of attacking nodes overtaking the network. It surely
cannot be relegated to the simple user? So that seems 'hard' to me.
For example, I think Tor may remain centralish rather than pure
dhtish for that purpose. But what if the centrality was undertaken
anonymously by some voting humans (or their analytic nodes). Their track
recourd could certainly be public yet anonymous therein. You would
at that point be trusting/subscribing their record, purely, as opposed to
dht or some other means, purely. What would p2p-hackers@ have to
say on this?