Is the Wikileaks Party a cypherpunk party?

CryptoFreak cryptofreak at cpunk.us
Wed Aug 21 13:30:43 PDT 2013

On 08/21/2013 09:04 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 05:01:07AM -0500, CryptoFreak wrote:
>
>> So what do you think? Is their finally a political party more
>> closely aligned with the cypherpunk ideal than the Libertarians?
>
> Don't forget the Pirate Parties. Despite all the fubars,
> the German Pirate Party is expected to hit 3+% in the
> national elections next months.

I've looked into the Pirate Party but, at least from the American side
of things, they seem like a 'one hit wonder' who's nearly solely focused
on IP law reform. Perhaps this isn't the same in other places (I can't
imagine they would have won major elections with a single issue
platform) but here in the States, where they exist, it seems to be the case.