Groklaw shuts down

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Aug 20 09:32:00 PDT 2013

To each his/her own escapism. These voluntary shutdowns
are not the way to go for the authorities really really like that.

Nor expecting to give or receive digital or analogue security
and privacy beyond one's own capability to verify or endure
the consequences. That is not limited to communications between
misconfigured androids who wonder where the hell did
that admission of defeat come from. Why it came from
the birth chip of mortality, dear.

No matter, the security hustlers are never going away
for good, only to reappear in new disguises of law,
religion, politics, frock, cape, code, retreat in another
direction, feint, trick, cheat, cry crocodile tears, cash in
the scam, go to the dark side to move up from public service
panhandling to fleecing baaramewes.

Keeping secret about this security skinning alive is the
price of entry to the gold vault. That is why privacy
policies and anonymizing services are so misleading.

Bluntly, anybody who peddles security is a cheat.
Those withdraw it are worse.