Google to encrypt cloud storage

Moon Jones mjones at pencil.allmail.net
Tue Aug 20 05:30:52 PDT 2013

On 18.08.2013 23:55, rysiek wrote:
> PRISM caused a ot of fear but now we can finally feel safe again --
> Google will encrypt all Google Drive storage with user-supplied keys:
> http://it.slashdot.org/story/13/08/16/239253/

I know slashdot does not generate articles. It only links to articles,
sometimes in a VERY misleading paragraph, than leaves some uninformed
geeks debate about the misleading text.

The article you most probably missed is some other place[1]

And the text supports that first paragraph of yours. But nothing of the
rest of your text.

> So our data will be perfectly safe with them, right? Right?.. ;)
>
> Seriously, though, this is very, very bad for us. Normals will point
> to that and say "hey, Google does the Right Thing and we can be safe
> there, so we should all use Google now. They have encryption and
> stuff."

Could you expand on «this is very, very bad for us»?

[1]
http://www.itworld.com/cloud-computing/369304/google-encrypt-cloud-storage-data-default