Avaaz in "grave danger" due to GMail spam filters

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Mon Aug 19 11:14:14 PDT 2013

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 19 sierpnia 2013 13:04:49 Steve Furlong pisze:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM, staticsafe <me at staticsafe.ca> wrote:
> > The biggest problem being spam. We need to educate typical e-mail users
> > about e-mail hygiene and spam fighting.
>
> Over the past two decades, efforts to educate the average user have
> had limited success at best. I think it's time to give up on educating them
> and simply drive them off the internet. We can frame them for various
> crimes, loot their bank accounts or credit cards so they're too poor to get
> online, or get them kicked off of their ISPs. Conveniently, the people who
> are too dumb to be allowed online are the very same people who will be easy
> to attack online.
>
> Why, yes, I did major in sophistry in college. Why do you ask?

Philosophy major here, and you are a gentleman and a scholar.

For a while now I have been pondering the idea of "fuck that, can't save the
world, just let proles get all the shit they are bound to get, and let us
techie kind just dance between the raindrops as we know how".

So far the realisation that the same can be pondered from (for example) a
medical professional's perspective (i.e. "fuck that, the proles will never
learn, I'll just wash my hands and not bother myself with their well-being"),
and that in that case I would be the prole, was enough to keep me on my
altruistic path.

Not to mention that the more and better people are educated, the better we're
all off (as it's harder for politicos to paint us techies/hackers as
criminals).

Using the stated tactic against politicos (OHAI, Mr Censormoron...) would be
something I am sure some of the less peacefully inclined could indeed find
interesting, I guess. *cough*

--
Pozdr
rysiek