Google threat analysis selectively applied

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Mon Aug 19 07:56:17 PDT 2013

Dnia środa, 14 sierpnia 2013 23:30:59 Lodewijk andré de la porte pisze:
> Google might very well have given that add -10k LarryPoints. It just had to
> compete with the other paid ads, and there were none. So it won.
>
> Google is capable of automatically crawling websites and running a full
> virus-and-maleware-scan sweep. Especially for their ads. But they don't do
> this at all AFAIK. Probably not worth it.

First and foremost, dow e REALLY want Google to censor the results? I know, I
am using a very strong word here, but I believe there is something to it. If
we expect Google to censor our Internet for us, they will, and then we shall
weep.

The right way of handling this is education. For example getting media and
information competencies[1] courses to schools so that people would be able to
better filter out the bogus ads themselves.

[1] http://ifapcom.ru/files/News/Images/2013/mil_eng_web.pdf p. 351 onwards
    DISCLAIMER: I'm one of the co-authors of that catalogue; comments welcome

also, inb4 "iFap" jokes ;)

--
Pozdr
rysiek