Is the Wikileaks Party a cypherpunk party?

James A. Donald cipher at jim.com
Sat Aug 17 20:06:04 PDT 2013

On 2013-08-17 8:01 PM, CryptoFreak wrote:
> While I'm American, I've been paying close attention to the Wikileaks
> Party in Australia. Could it be the political embodiment of the
> cypherpunk movement?
>
> Regardless of what some think of Julian Assange, he certainly holds
> true to the cp ethic and the parties belief in accountability,
> privacy, and justice, seem well aligned with the movement.
>
> So what do you think? Is their finally a political party more closely
> aligned with the cypherpunk ideal than the Libertarians?
>
> Regards,
> CryptoFreak

Libertarian Party, and its organs, such as "Reason" Magazine, have not
been libertarian for some considerable time.

As the inner party (Democrats) and the Outer Party (Republicans)
continue to move left on racial and sexual differences and on sexual
preferences, the "Libertarians" attempt to maintain a a "balanced"
position between them - which means that they steadily move left on
these issues, adopting ever less libertarian positions, positions that a
decade or two ago would have been seen not merely as statist, but as
insanely statist.

They theoretically support the abolition of welfare and open borders,
but actually support open borders with welfare for underclass immigrant
bastard spawn, a disturbingly different proposition.  In California, we
are getting more Indios than Mestizos.  They did not work in Mexico, and
even less are they working in California.

They theoretically support freedom of speech, but repression of speech
on racial and sexual differences is just fine by them.

They theoretically oppose welfare, but do not actually oppose welfare.

They oppose profiling - you are allowed to reason about some matters,
but not others.

The took a "balanced" position on the Zimmerman case

"President Obama spoke some undeniable truths when he noted that the
African-American community’s intense reaction to the case must be seen
in the context of a long, terrible history of racism"

"No one except Zimmerman knows whether he continued to track Martin—or,
as he claims, headed back to his truck only to have Martin confront him.
No one but Zimmerman knows who initiated physical violence"

In fact we have compelling forensic and circumstantial evidence that
Zimmerman spoke the truth on both of these questions.  Reason Magazine
is lying, they are merely lying less egregiously than the rest of the
mainstream media.  Their position is "reasonable doubt", whereas in fact
we have enough evidence to convict Martin Trayvon, a drug addled
burglar, had he lived.

When discussing this case "Reason" regularly make the pious affirmation
that the poor blacks are being victimized by evil whites, while, Martin
Trayvon exemplifies black privilege, both in his reaction that Zimmerman
dissed him by profiling him as the drug addled burglar that he in fact
was, and in that for affirmative action reasons he was not charged with
burglary under circumstances where a white boy at the same school would
have certainly been charged with burglary.  (The government did not like
the criminal system having disparate impact on the kids in that school,
and were taking affirmative action measures to correct the disturbing
fact that lots of black kids were being imprisoned, and few or no white
kids - since equal discipline and law enforcement had unequal
consequences, they were applying unequal discipline and law enforcement. )

When reason magazine discusses the curious anomalies leading to
massively unequal university education for males and females, their
explanation for all discrepancies favoring women is that women are
wonderful, even though many of these discrepancies are demonstrably the
result of systematic discrimination against males and intentional
penalization of males for being male.

All increases in female representation in academia and decreases in male
representation, are, according to reason magazine, sunshine, lollypops
and rainbows, a manifestation of the fact that decreases in evil sexism
now allow women to demonstrate their true abilities, which are of course
equal to men, except that women, being wonderful, are a lot more equal
than men.