Switching power supplies

Chris Olesch g13005 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 21:27:06 PDT 2013

Thanks for the links & design pointers. I'll willing to admit that I'm not
an expert, but always eager and willing to learn something new!

 [yes I know the lurker finally speaks...lol] I'll try yo keep this brief.

A little history about my background. I was born in the chicago area a dual
citizen (American/German[Transylvanian]), from good stock. Ingenuity,
design, art, music, and sciences, are some of the traits I share with my
family & relatives.

I studied electrical engineering for 3 years in high school (graduated
early), then 2 more in college before switching into the computer network
field. While in college I worked at the sba patent office, reviewing
patents and researching designs.

Going back a little further, when I was a kid I ran a small repair shop,
fixing tv's stereos, etc (anything with cord or ran on batteries). I had a
real knack for fixing broken electronics so they wouldn't break again.

In the early 80's I got interested in computers and have been online since
1985. I used to be an avid reader of 2600, and frequented the meeting in
chicago during the 90's. [I admit I still have my first redbox]. It was
also during this time frame I became heavily involved in amateur and cb
radio.

The radio experience led me down the path of becoming an On-Air
personality, where my first radio program attracted 3 million listeners. :)

I'm not afraid to learn theory and good design before embarking on a new
electronics project or any project for that matter. I do admit to suffering
from hobby overload from time to time, especially since I'm interested in
almost everything. I have learned almost everything I know by reverse
engineering.

At my present job I am well known for having the ability to reverse
engineer a new technical process, document it and train others.

Lately I've found myself burning out of the network engineering field, so
starting projects such as these help me keep things in perspective [house,
car, food, wife, etc]

-Christopher Olesch

*"Affordable IT Services for Non-Profit & Small Business"*
|| http://www.ngotechnology.org/
|| http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisoleschjr

*Masonic Affiliations:*
|| http://www.scottishritechicago.org