Freedom Hosting Owner Arrested, Tormail Compromised, Malicious JS Discovered

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 10:34:26 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM, The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> wrote:

> On 08/12/2013 10:25 AM, Kyle Maxwell wrote:
> > Or that different departments / teams have different enforcement
> > priorities, or that they don't cooperate well with each other...
>
> Sometimes the right hand and left hand don't know what each other are
> doing.
>
> Sometimes the right and left hands are on entirely different bodies on
> different sides of the continent.

In my limited experience with the spook agencies, this understates the
case. The left hand refuses to share a thing, making the smug claim "We're
listeners, not talkers."

The right hand is working to stab the left in the back and take control of
the two fingers it thinks are doing anything useful. The left hand is doing
the same to the right.

I could go on, but I think the analogy is starting to fall apart. Eugen
Leitl pasted up an article recently, describing the delusions,
incompetence, dirty dealing, and dirty characters involved in Britain's
MI5. That matched pretty well what I know of my own knowledge of US
operations.

Please note that my experience was entirely on the US Army side of things,
as a low-ranking officer. I was mostly insulated from political
considerations except for budget battles. However, I dealt with other
groups and I kept my eyes and ears open and couldn't help noticing things.