Freedom Hosting Owner Arrested, Tormail Compromised, Malicious JS Discovered

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Mon Aug 12 11:06:41 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 10:30 +0200, rysiek wrote:
> > While I'm certainly not saying "I don't buy it", how does this
> > reconcile with the reality of The Silk Road still being in
> existance.
> > One would think that governments would use these techniques against
> > the site if for nothing more than to catch/punish them for all the
> tax
> > evasion going on.
>
> Yeah, that's a conundrum.

No it isn't. The government agencies that could potentially attack Tor
to bust the Silk Road would *never* care about the level of drugs moved
through it. They care about the people multiple levels above TSR,
drastically higher up in the supply chain.

Remember, TSR sends drugs *through the mail*. You can't successfully
*mail* enough drugs for the NSA/DEA to care.

--
Sent from Ubuntu