[cypherpunks] Signed vCards

DataPacRat datapacrat@datapacrat.com
Fri Aug 30 00:58:45 PDT 2013

I've just submitted the first draft of an Internet-Draft to the IETF.
If it makes it through the whole editing process, it will take an
existing file format used for identity-description, and adds a few
details to allow crypto algorithms to be used for
identity-/assertion/. It may not seem like much, but it could improve
some aspects of hierarchical certificate authorities, encrypted email,
and suchlike. It’s the most important thing I think I’ve been able to
work on in the last little while, and I hope the editing process goes
well.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <internet-drafts@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-boese-vcarddav-signedvcard-00.txt
To: Daniel Eliot Boese <datapacrat@datapacrat.com>

A new version of I-D, draft-boese-vcarddav-signedvcard-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Eliot Boese and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-boese-vcarddav-signedvcard
Revision:        00
Title:           vCard Format Extensions : Signed vCards
Creation date:   2013-08-30
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 11
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boese-vcarddav-signedvcard-00

Abstract:
The base vCard 4.0 specification defines a large number of properties.
This specification adds two new parameters and six new properties to
vCard 4.0, which allow the use of cryptography and public-key
infrastructure (PKI) for identity assertion.

Note

  Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested, and should
  be sent to vcarddav@ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

Thank you for your time,
--