[tahoe-dev] weekly dev chat notes from 2013-08-21

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Sun Aug 25 01:14:27 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Zooko Wilcox-OHearn <zooko@leastauthority.com> -----

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:49:57 +0000
From: Zooko Wilcox-OHearn <zooko@leastauthority.com>
To: Tahoe-LAFS development <tahoe-dev@tahoe-lafs.org>
Subject: [tahoe-dev] weekly dev chat notes from 2013-08-21

notes Tahoe-LAFS Weekly Dev Chat 2013-08-21

in attendance: Zooko (scribe), Jeff "psi2", Mark, zab, Brian

Agenda Item 1: next week's Dev Chat

for the next Weekly Dev Chat meeting, we're going to do an experiment:

* invite people more widely (everyone who reads tahoe-dev, everyone
who follows me (zooko) on twitter, etc.)
* upload a recording of the dev chat to youtube
* try to finish reviewing #1382 *before* the meeting so that we can
focus the meeting on:
* planning Tahoe-LAFS v1.11!

Agenda Item 2: I2P patches

Jeff and zab from the I2P project joined Tahoe-LAFS Weekly Dev Chat
for the first time to help us integrate the patches that I2P needs in
order to use an unmodified LAFS on I2P. Jeff tagged the specific
tickets that are blocking the I2P people on that:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~i2p-collab&order=priority

We dug into #1010. We agreed to make a "[node]anonymize", which means
"On startup, verify that all configuration options are compatible with
anonymity. If any aren't, stop the process with a useful error message
about the configuration option that is dangerous to anonymity.".

Action item for me: add a comment to that proposing a configuration UI
that I would like, then email Brian about it. Action item for Jeff:
update the patch on #1010.

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1010# use only 127.0.0.1
as local address

Agenda Item 3: Tahoe-LAFS v1.11.0

I don't want to release Tahoe-LAFS v1.11 with regressions that make it
worse than Tahoe-LAFS v1.10. Currently, there are seven such
regressions!

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~regression&milestone=1.11.0&order=priority

The next step in the process of releasing v1.11 is to "elect" a
Release Manager. And by "elect" we mean that someone somehow gets
appointed to that role, and if they don't want to do it they have to
fight a bear.

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep