[liberationtech] Announcing Scramble.io

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri Aug 23 06:03:12 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from phreedom@yandex.ru -----

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:53:42 +0300
From: phreedom@yandex.ru
To: liberationtech <liberationtech@lists.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] Announcing Scramble.io

> One difficult problem in public-key encryption is key exchange: how to get
> a recipient's public key and know it's really theirs.
> My plan is to make make your email the hash of your public key.
> For example, my address is *nqkgpx6bqscslher@scramble.io*
> (I borrowed this idea from Tor Hidden Services.)

This is what we need everyone to adopt. Your ID = your public key hash and not
an account on some server you don't control. Glad to see more people adopt
this idea. Any chance of interoperability with other projects with similar
aims and ideas like Cables? [1]

[1] http://dee.su/cables
--
Liberationtech is a public list whose archives are searchable on Google. Violations of list guidelines will get you moderated: https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech. Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys@stanford.edu.

----- End forwarded message -----