[Doctrinezero] A brief note on ZS ideas and the relationship with Marxism, Communism, & The Zeitgeist Movement

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Fri Aug 16 12:59:40 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Rüdiger Koch <rudiger.koch@gmail.com> -----

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 21:38:29 +0200
From: Rüdiger Koch <rudiger.koch@gmail.com>
To: doctrinezero@zerostate.is
Subject: Re: [Doctrinezero] A brief note on ZS ideas and the relationship with Marxism, Communism, & The Zeitgeist Movement

Power comes from control over the monetary system. Remove that - walk away
from the bank and their power gets diminished. That is why Austria stomped
on the Wörgl experiment. That is why they go against Bitcoin and other
alternatives with such a vengeance - it is by no means justified by the
actual size of the currency. Money is their power and their Achilles' heel.
Try to overthrow them - the Stasi knows about your plans before you know
them - failure at a very early stage is inevitable. Violence is futile. But
get them at the money - by walking away from it, and they will be as
powerful as the ancient gods. How did they lose their power? People walked
away from them.

What can we do? We define our own money. Bitcoin is a start. Zero Reserve
is a perfect complement. It closes the main vulnerability of Bitcoin -  the
centralizen exchanges. Zero Reserve has the potential to obsolete the
banks. It can democratize money. It allows everyone, literally everyone, to
act like a bank.

Zero Reserve is real. It is a workable plan. We can do it without
parliaments, lobbying or anything - by simply doing it. Will it create a
perfect world? No. Miracles are for religion. This is it:
https://github.com/zeroreserve/ZeroReserve/wiki

You can keep talking about the perfect world. You can talk about
redistributing money. I talk about *distributing the monetary system*. And
I am not just talking - I am programming the means to it.

Distributing the monetary system is one of the few good chances I see to
avert the desaster of the coming crash. Much of the value that is produced
is consumed by the monetary system. Make this system obsolete and everyone
can be much richer than today.

We need not fear the robotic revolution if access to the means of
production is possible for everyone. But to permit that, first we have to
obsolete the monetary system.

-Anu

----- End forwarded message -----