[tor-talk] Tortilla

Eugen Leitl eugen@leitl.org
Tue Aug 6 12:14:44 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Jason Geffner <jason@crowdstrike.com> -----

Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:12:33 -0500
From: Jason Geffner <jason@crowdstrike.com>
To: tor-talk@lists.torproject.org
Cc: cameron@crowdstrike.com
Subject: [tor-talk] Tortilla

I'd like to announce the availability of Tortilla, a free open-source tool
that allows users to securely, anonymously, and transparently route all
TCP/IP and DNS traffic through Tor.

Though the Tor client natively supports transparent proxying on Linux-based
systems, Tortilla allows Tor users to use Windows for transparent proxying.
Unlike other similar solutions, Tortilla does not rely on API hooks (and as
such does not allow malware to circumvent the Tor tunnel) and does not
require extra hardware, a VPN, or an extra Tor gateway virtual machine.

The whitepaper for Tortilla which describes the design goals, architecture,
and usage instructions is available at
https://media.blackhat.com/us-13/US-13-Geffner-Tor...-All-The-Things-WP.pdf

The source code is available at https://github.com/CrowdStrike/Tortilla

A pre-built distribution (compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit versions of
Windows XP through Windows 8) is available at
http://www.crowdstrike.com/community-tools

Tortilla is still in beta, but I'd be pleased to answer any questions you
may have about it.

Please note that Tortilla is produced independently from the Tor(r)
anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about
quality, suitability or anything else.

Sincerely,

Jason Geffner

Sr. Security Researcher, CrowdStrike