Two different ways to protect your images

ParadigmWebDesign-ed at lakesplus.com ParadigmWebDesign-ed at lakesplus.com
Tue Dec 10 11:45:29 PST 2019

>From:  Peggy Halverson   - pegnorth at northernnet.com
>Subject:  Can images be coded so they cannot be downloaded?
>
>I am ready to post a website live that has a famous picture on it.
>My client is wondering if it can be coded so that the images
>cannot be downloaded or copied from the website.
>Would you know what coding to use to do this?

Peggy,

There are two things you can do to protect your images.
I would utilize both.

The first way is to disable the right-click function with
JavaScript. Put the following code into the HEAD of your
HTML document. You can customize the alert message
to say whatever you want.

NOTE:  To have this show up correctly in the Exchange,
the [ and ] were used instead of < and >
Replace all '[' signs with the '<' and all ']' with the '>' sign.

[script language="javascript"]

function click() {
if (event.button==2) {
alert('You are not authorized to right click this page! All images and source code are copyright 2001
}
}
document.onmousedown=click
[/script]

The other way is to create a 1x1 pixel transparent gif and
use it over the top of your graphic by making your graphic
the background of a TABLE. Like this.

[TABLE BACKGROUND="your_graphic.jpg"
BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0"]

[TR][TD][IMG SRC="1by1transparent.gif"  WIDTH="270" HEIGHT="370"]
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

ReG at rds,

Ed
Paradigm Web Design
Because an effective website doesn't have to be costly.
http://ParadigmWebDesign.net
Subscribe to Web Sm at rts
http://paradigmwebdesign.net/subscribe.html

Examine carefully - those with email addresses included WILL
trade links with you, you are encouraged to contact them. And,
there are many ways to build a successful business. Just look at
these successful sites/programs other members are involved in...

OVER 12 MILLION DOLLARS PAID OUT IN 3 MONTHS
TO MEMBERS!  The Worlds Best CASH generating opportunity.
EASY-Make $100,000 in a matter of months.  Join TODAY and
your dreams will come true.  For more info ycon at home.com or
http://www.makecashonline.com  SMILE you will get RICH!!
Trade Links - mailto:ycon at home.com

Discover how to get... Over 10,000 daily visitors to YOUR
web site within 48-hours! ... Discover products and services
with profit margins of 10,000% ... FREE one-on-one personalized
Internet marketing and business consultation! 100% Guaranteed!
http://www.marketingchallenge.com/cgi-bin/t.cgi/118135

I didn't MAKE MONEY until I QUIT!
I'm TIRED of marketing!  I'm SICK of being the ONLY one
who works!  I'm FED UP with the "do nothing and make
millions" mentality!  Are YOU?  Click below NOW:
http://www.PWCwealth.com/StopMarketing/
Trade Links - mailto:Mentor at PWCwealth.com

If you have a product, service, opportunity and/or quality
merchandise that appeals to people worldwide, reach your
target audience!

For a fraction of what other large newsletters charge you
can exhibit your website here for only $8 CPM. Why?...
Because as a valuable member we want you to be successful!
Order today - Exhibits are limited and published on a
first come, first serve basis. http://bannersgomlm.com/ezine

Visit these sites, look for what you like and any suggestions
you can offer, and send your critique to MyInput
And, after reviewing three sites, your web site will be added to
the list! It's fun, easy, and it's a great opportunity to give
some help and receive an informative review of your own site.
Plus, you can also win a chance to have y our site chosen for
a free website redesign. One randomly drawn winner each month!

SITES TO REVIEW:

Site #138:  http://www.mysticforest.net
April Williams
xena6 at bellsouth.net

Site #139:  http://www.healthynewage.com
healthychoice at earthlink.net

Site #140:  http://www.prosperouswomen.bizland.com/masterminding
Margarete
MDegaston at aol.com

Site #141:  http://www.floridarental.co.uk
Carol Hall
carol at floridarental.co.uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SITE  REVIEWED!

Comments on Site #137:  http://www.traces.nu
Luc
info at traces.nu
~~~~

This is an excellent site.  It loaded quickly, had photos of
the items for sale and these photos also loaded quickly.
The site is dedicated to selling antiquities at what seems
to be very reasonable prices.

There is plenty of rare stock to choose from, rather better
than a shop, because you can access and see items in far
faster than you could in a shop.   I like the link bar which
stays at the top of the screen no matter how far down the
page you go, the first time I have seen something like this!
~~~~

An interesting and well arranged site.
~~~~

This site is very well done and interesting.  Very fast loading!
I wish the menu bar at the top would stop jumping around
though.  Very annoying.  Either make it stable or put a sidebar
menu that doesn't move.

Theonly other thing that I would suggest is that the site owner
put more information about themselves aimed at establishing
credibility.  There was a short statement stating that they
guaranteed anything sold on the site to be authentic but a
guarantee is only as good as the word of the person who gave
it. All I know is that they are in the Netherlands.  How do we
know this is legitimate business?  How long have you been in
business? etc. etc.  Tell us more about who and what you are
and how you obtain the things you have for sale.
~~~~

Excellent site - everything worked, it was well laid out,
colour co-ordinated and interesting!  Liked the unusual
floating top menu.
~~~~

Very pleasant site to view, and easy to navigate with the
floating menu. Everything was very well presented.

But, I would be a bit nervous about ordering. I would have
liked to see some background information about you, how
long you have been in business, what your qualifications
are, and why I should do business with you, or testimonials
from previous customers.
~~~~

Site 137 traces.nu was a wonderful site!  Very elegant and
simple to use. I love the way the navigation bar goes down
the page with you! Makes getting around much simpler.
I wouldn't change a thing!