No subject

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Tue Dec 10 11:45:29 PST 2019

> Vasco uses DES (I don't know the details).

I'm sorry, I already read this somewhere on the web; the term I should have
used was "protocol": how do they use DES to create those numbers - do they
encrypt a counter, or a time, or a shared secret - what? Does anybody know?
[I assume they encrypt something based on 1) the serial number and 2) a time
or a counter.]

Plus, there are less than 24 (7 * 3.3) bits in 7 digits; how does it get
these particular 24 out of the 64 in a block?

Thanks for any help,
Mark