Material Support to Al-Qaeda

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Mar 25 14:24:15 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 05:09:14PM -0400, Ted Smith wrote:

> > Their equivalent would be a 20 kT nuclear device in a Manhattan
> > penthouse. If Theodore B. Taylor would be alive today, I think he
> > would agree that today a thermonuclear device is no longer out
> > of reach for small groups.
>
> I can't remember where, but I saw a review paper claiming this was
> impossible because individuals with the intelligence to construct a
> nuclear device tend not to join terror groups.

If a drone holocausts your wedding party, surely this is terrorism?
And surely there's only one way to avenge it, via the family honor
killing code?

Just invert the viewpoints, and it all becomes quite clear.

Intent and ability to execute as well as funds are independently
distributed traits, orelse it would have happened already.