[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS Users Group Meeting, San Francisco, Tuesday 2013-03-19

Zooko Wilcox-OHearn zooko at leastauthority.com
Sat Mar 16 12:29:34 PDT 2013

You are invited to the Tahoe-LAFS Users Group Meeting!

Tahoe-LAFS is a secure, fault-tolerant, scalable storage system. It is
a Free/Open Source Software project. It is also an idea: we want to
see a World Wide Web that can't be censored or surveilled; a Web with
no master.

when and where:

Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 6 PM to 9 PM

Rackspace, 620 Folsom, Suite 100, San Francisco, CA

There will be pizza, from Goat Hill Pizza. Thanks to Rackspace for the
location and food!

Agenda:

1. "Announcing Tahoe-LAFS v1.10"

Whoo!

2. "Tahoe-LAFS For Engineers Who Don't Care About Security"

A 20-minute demo of installing the Tahoe-LAFS software, deploying a
grid of storage servers, using them to upload, download and browse
files. Then the punch line: did you notice what we *didn't* do during
this demo? Screw around with certificates, keys, encryption, or
decryption! You don't have to spend your time messing with that stuff
in order to use Tahoe-LAFS.

3. "What Should We Put Into Tahoe-LAFS v1.11?"

Who is using Tahoe-LAFS, what are you using it for, and what would it
make it more useful for you?

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep