[liberationtech] Cryptography Alt-Folk Band Release a New MixTape!

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Fri Mar 8 10:27:23 PST 2013

(See, I am learning a thing our two about how to get publicity, aren't I?)

Just a quick note to say that Gibberbot, the Guardian Project's free
(bot ways), open-source, standards compliant, secure instant messaging
app for Android, has been updated. It is rare that you have the
opportunity to implement a feature that makes an app more secure AND
more usable at the same time, but we did just that, by supporting Google
OAuth2 for @gmail and @google domain accounts. We also now support
TOFU-POP for SSL verification, which is fun to say, but even more fun to
use.

You can read about this and find all the relevant links here:
https://guardianproject.info/2013/03/08/gibberbot-v11-secure-usable/

HOWEVER, what I would rather you do, is try out a new interactive "how
to" for Gibberbot, that walks through both options for installation, and
how to set up a secure and verified mobile chat. View it here - I
promise you'll love it:
https://guardianproject.info/howto/chatsecurely/

This how-to is the first of a series we will be releasing for all of the
apps and services we offer. Many thanks to Mark Belinksy for taking this
new effort on for us, and for his very serious focus on making mobile
security a bit more fun.

If you would like to chat with me my "nathan at guardianproject.info" email
is a valid XMPP jid, so feel free to add me as a buddy, contact,
collaborator or confident, in your XMPP/OTR client of choice.

+Nathan

--
Too many emails? Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu or changing your settings at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech

----- End forwarded message -----