[liberationtech] Brussels Cryptoparty March 23 - call for input and participation

Raegan MacDonald raegan at accessnow.org
Thu Mar 7 07:25:18 PST 2013

Hi LibTech!

The Hacker Space Brussels, the Net Users' Rights Protection Association
(NURPA), Access and European Digital Rights (EDRi) are excited to announce
the second-ever Brussels CryptoParty, on 23 March 2013, at the EDRi offices.

While it is always important to promote the use of privacy enhancing tools,
we are continuously surprised at the amount of policy people in the
"Brussels Bubble" that don't use or are not aware of encryption, OTR,
etc. We're also in the midst of the debate around the Data Protection
Regulation, and hope to shed some light on the importance of privacy -- not
only as a fundamental human right -- but as a means to ensure greater
control over your identity. So far, we are planning to focusing on OTR,
ToR, encrypting emails, SSL/HTTPS and disk encryption.

We know that many of you have already participated in or organizing
CryptoParties, and would love to have the benefit of your experience!

The cryptoparty will take place on *Saturday 23 March 2013, from 15:00
until 18:00*. The address is:

*EDRi Office*
*Rue Belliard 20, 6th floor,*
*1040 Brussels*

Your comments, input and assistance are most welcome. Feel free to forward
this invitation or even better: come join us!

Thanks and best,

Access, EDRi, NURPA, HSPBXL

--
Too many emails? Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu or changing your settings at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech

----- End forwarded message -----