[drone-list] Beltway bandits fly armed drones

Al Mac Wow macwheel99 at wowway.com
Tue Mar 5 13:38:17 PST 2013

In our studies of drone crashes, we found multiple instances where the armed
drone was being flown by personnel, sub-contracted to the US military, to
carry out the warfare.  This was logical, given the large volume of
sub-contractors used in recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now comes journalism investigation into how widespread the military use of
drones is really by sub-contractors, and not US armed forces, nor NATO
allies, nor CIA personnel, nor equivalent personnel of the intelligence
agencies of our allies.  This may be a violation of US government policies,
easily changed to retroactively permit this stuff.  It might not violate UK
rules, but implementation may be contributing to excessive crashes.

http://www.nouse.co.uk/2013/03/05/contractors-fly-drones-for-us-and-uk-milit
ary/

Britain supposedly has just as many drone strikes in Afghanistan as the USA,
so maybe a UK drone did the mysterious Pakistan Feb 6+8 strikes?

http://afpak.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/03/05/us_officials_deny_two_strike
s_were_work_of_drones

Al Mac = Alister William Macintyre

2013 Feb I become temporarily famous:
http://cryptome.org/2013/02/drone-nations.htm

--
Too many emails? Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu or changing your settings at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/drone-list

----- End forwarded message -----