[silk] Is What Aaron Did, Right?

Vijay Anand vijay at vijayanand.name
Tue Jan 15 01:20:53 PST 2013

So, did someone say that we dont use this forum to have debates on
what goes on in the world anymore? I know there are some authors here
and some folks from the Academic world.

What is your take on Aaron? It looks like with Julian, and now Aaron
(liberating data is the new form of activism) - and not the long route
of creating an organization and lobbying for years and opening it up,
but bruteforce opening (and facing the brutality of it when it
backfires) is what the masses are backing after. It somehow brings me
mental images of public execution of the old powers during the French
Revolution - a bit hasty and bloody for my taste.

What are your thoughts?

PS: No intents to smear the living or the dead. But it looks like that
we are on the crossroads of information, access to it and ethics here.
And this issue is only going to grow, not go away.

----- End forwarded message -----