[liberationtech] Happy Creepy February!

liberationtech at lewman.us liberationtech at lewman.us
Mon Feb 11 06:22:28 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 01:47:18PM -0600, nick.m.daly at gmail.com wrote 1.8K bytes in 0 lines about:
: Thanks to investigative work by the Guardian, we can tell just how many
: steps back online privacy's taken this year.  It's unfortunate:
:
:     http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/10/software-tracks-social-media-defence

Not too much investigative work in my opinion. This Guardian article
reads like a press release for Raytheon, announcing their new product.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/pentagon-seeks-social-networking-experts/

and https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=972cbc835c3702e9758aedcf032fb4ec&tab=core&_cview=1

My guess is this video is a demo made for the DARPA BAA. And what did you
expect? People put their lives online and share everything, of course
someone is going to record and collate it all. And these same people
will get the bright idea to predict the future with suspect data.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact

----- End forwarded message -----