"I am the walking Exigent Circumstances you created"

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 17:02:14 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 10:51 -0600, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>> The US has been an actual Police State for at least 12 years now.
>
> I can believe it has for 11 years and change, but 12 years would mean
> starting 7-8 months before 9/11. Sorry if it seems like I'm splitting
> hairs, but I don't remember things getting really bad until a few months
> after 9/11.

Note that the disgustingly-named PATRIOT Act was the wish-list of
every federal police(-state) agency. They'd been asking for
unwarranted wiretaps and immunity and watch-lists of non-criminal
travellers and all the rest for years, but kept getting denied ...
until 9/11 made all their wishes come true.

--
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet. -- Arnaud-Amaury, 1209