CISPA passes U.S. House 288-127

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Apr 18 23:38:26 PDT 2013

http://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/1cm9b4/cispa_passes_us_house_288127/

https://gist.github.com/postmodern/5018337

Don't ask your government for your Privacy, take it back:

Browser Privacy: HTTPS Everywhere, AdBlock Plus + EasyList, Ghostery, NoScript (FireFox), NotScript (Chrome)
VPNs: BTGuard (Canada), ItsHidden (Africa), Ipredator (Sweden), Faceless.me (Cyprus / Netherlands)
Internet Anonymization: Tor, Tor Browser Bundle, I2P
Disk Encryption: TrueCrypt (Windows / OSX / Linux), File Vault (Mac).
File/Email Encryption: GPGTools + GPGMail (Mac), Enigmail (Windows / OSX / Linux)
IM Encryption: Pidgin + Pidgin OTR
IM/Voice Encryption: Mumble, Jitsi
SMS/Voice Encryption: WhisperSystems, Silent Circle ($$$)
Google Alternative: DuckDuckGo
Digital P2P Currency: BitCoin
Live Anonymous/Secure Linux: TAILS Linux
If you have any problems installing or using the above software, please contact the projects. They would love to get feedback and help you use their software.

Have no clue what Cryptography is or why you should care? Checkout the Crypto Party Handbook or the EFF's Surveillance Self-Defense Project.

Just want some simple tips? Checkout EFF's Top 12 Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy.