[liberationtech] And right on cue, the flush our civil liberties down the toilet boys rear their ugly heads

Shava Nerad shava23 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 18:42:44 PDT 2013

I was fascinated today to see Mother Jones and many others reposting,
entirely without reflection or comment, what seemed to me to be not
"crowdsourced" images but second story surveillance camera shots of the FBI
suspects.  (Who, in addition, are being howled after as guilty until proven
innocent in this digital manhunt - and thank God the NYPost "exonerated"
their suspects before that turned into something ugly...)

Well, yes, the FBI is doing their job with the tools available, and as I
live in metro Boston I would most healthily STFU...  But if this incident
had happened in London, I can't help but think MJ et al might have engaged
a moment of reflection and spine in the middle of that process, perhaps?

Interesting times...

----

Shava Nerad
shava23 at gmail.com

--
Too many emails? Unsubscribe, change to digest, or change password by emailing moderator at companys at stanford.edu or changing your settings at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/liberationtech

----- End forwarded message -----