Trade Volume

Stuart LaForge stuart.laforge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 07:26:02 PDT 2013

On Friday, April 12, 2013 9:57:55 PM UTC-7, Anu wrote:

> 2013/4/13 Lodewijk andri de la porte <l... at odewijk.nl <javascript:>>
>
>> Or a single person trading against himself a lot.
>>
>> The weak to strong hands is likely true though. But, weren't we already
>> screwed? I mean Bitcoin was never able to change the balance of wealth, the
>> rich buy Bitcoin and get rich in Bitcoin. So with Bitcoin we just remain
>> screwed.

No. You are wrong. The world has changed forever. Bitcoin was
a technological djinni like the nuke. Now that it has been loosed in the
world. All the kings horses and all the kings men cannot get bitcoin back
into the bottle again. But you are also right: the king is forced into the
game now so he is both vulnerable and dangerous.

>> Indeed. It could have been different. I really tried hard for a different
> outcome. Gave presentations in Berlin at a number of African embassies, in
> Nigeria, in many other places. Wrote articles. Talked to the church even. I
> guess I spent a fortune to make this a different outcome. I did move
> things, but certainly not in the ways I intended. Quite the opposite. I
> made very few friends with the poor but I am now well connected with the
> rich & powerful. With billionaires, congressmen, MPs, PMs, ministers,
> embassadors, cardinals. Fuck. This is indeed the golden rule: Those with
> the gold make the rules.

Yeah. That Steve Jobs guy had lots of gold. Too bad he didn't make any
rules against cancer with all that gold. What's with this rant
anyway?   Did you lose money? Did you get robbed while slumming in the
hood? I just don't understand how you could be upset that spending money
made you more wealthy friends than it did poor friends. My problem is the
exact opposite. I would be happy to be your poor friend if that's all you
want. Or is this perhaps you declaring your side in the class war or
something?

> What I have learned: There is a reason poor people are poor and rich
> people are rich. There is a reason poor nations are poor and rich nations
> are rich. Much of it has to do with people refusing to think, letting
> others do the thinking for them.  It has to do with religion, collectivism
> and the belief in authority.

There are *lots* of reason why people are what they are. A lot of your
angst stems from thinking too *much*. About what was and what could be
rather than opening yourself up to the present moment in all its glory.
Lighten up. Enjoy your new found wealth.

> Frankly, I see very little hope. This whole thing will go the Malthusian
> way. Humanity itself is a huge bubble and it will pop.
>
> Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem. I for one, plan to rage against
the dying of the light. Are you giving up?

Stuart LaForge

----- End forwarded message -----