[tor-talk] Tor and P2P

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 23:30:46 PDT 2012

> Loads of links here:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_P2P

Always a good read :) Part of me wants to see if one giant anonymous
general purpose filesystem will ever come about...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_file_systems#Distributed_file_systems

> A very interesting idea is/was the owner free filesystem:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFFSystem

I think this required the use of https to be fully secure, just a
bit of extra setup for that is all.

> Depending on ones individual threat model, I believe i2p could
> be sufficiently secure for file sharing purposes:
> http://www.i2p2.de/

They use it a lot for that. Admittedly I really should learn more
about the full mechanics of this one.

> I didn't make an academic comparison, but it looks like retroshare
> is quickly gaining more and more users:
> http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend-to-friend

When I last looked briefly at this one a couple years back, the
users were not necessarily anonymous to each other. It seemed to
require users to know and/or trust one another. If that was the
case, anonymous transport layer would have been required underneath
it to match the level of anonymity the three projects I listed.
Maybe they solved that since then?

----- End forwarded message -----