FBI Has No Files on Cypherpunks

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Sep 16 07:32:54 PDT 2012

Federal Bureau of Investigation
September 10, 2012

FOIPA Request No. 1198150-00
Subject: CYPHERPUNKS

"Based the information you provided we conducted a search of
the Central Records System. We were unable to identify main file
records responsive to the FOIA."

Now with one record, our emailed FOIA request:

August 31, 2012

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Attn: FOI/PA Request
Record/Information Dissemination Section
170 Marcel Drive
Winchester, VA 22602-4843

Dear FBI FOIA Office,

Under provisions of the FOIA I request any and all FBI records on the
group "Cypherpunks" affiliated with the online Cypherpunk Mail List
established in 1992 and continuing to the present.

A description of the Cypherpunks group and some of its members,
including me, is available on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypherpunks

This material will be published on the public education website
Cryptome.org of which I am the administrator.

I agree to pay for costs associated with this request as provided by
the FOIA.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

John Young