[ZS] Re: Quantified Prestige
joshuapalmer87 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 08:14:52 PDT 2012
A very interesting read, I feel like it is a very promising idea. I have a
few nitpicks with the documents and some more serious intrinsic questions
about Fluido. I feel the idea behind Prestige is sound though.
- I am pleased to see that it only implements positive reputation to avoid
"karmic bankruptcy", could there be a brief explanatory note about this?
- You mention on page 30 about prestige allocation being optionally
fractional, but apart from a throwaway comment about positive rational
numbers being the amount for the prestige allocation allowed to a user, it
doesn't appear until here. Could one of the examples produced use a
fractional amount to clarify this?
- In section 4.3 (p16) the example uses a trust rating of 0.5 but the
description of trust levels imply they should be from the naturals, was my
reading of this wrong or is the example wrong?
- When talking about allocators in section 2.2.4 (p9) you mention that the
creator of the group is the only one with the power to hire/fire managers
of the group. I believe that ownership should be transferable, perhaps this
should be rephrased as owner of the user circle, or maybe superuser?
More substantial questions
- Is the web of trust standard to use unconnectedness except through k? How
does this work in mature groups where there is a large amount of
connectedness? I'm thinking more where it would be used as a local,
restricted reputation model rather than a global one as that would imply a
substantially different shaped network.
- Fluido seems, especially when taken as the continuous system seems like
it would be particularly susceptable to falling into a trap of metaphorical
thinking as a renewable energy source. What implications could this have?
Zero State mailing list:
----- End forwarded message -----
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a> http://leitl.org
ICBM: 48.07100, 11.36820 http://www.ativel.com http://postbiota.org
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A 7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE
More information about the cypherpunks-legacy