[drone-list] Article from Foreign Policy

Ulex Europae europus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:59:59 PDT 2012

At 04:36 AM 9/6/2012, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>----- Forwarded message from villa at ee.ucla.edu -----
>
>From: villa at ee.ucla.edu
>Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 20:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
>To: drone-list at mailman.stanford.edu
>Subject: [drone-list] Article from Foreign Policy
>
>Some people may be interested in this article published
>in Foreign Policy today:
>
>What's Not Wrong With Drones?
>http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/09/05/whats_not_wrong_with_drones

It looks to me like the author blathered inchoate about three moral
(read: minor) issues but entirely missed naming a quite pragmatic
one: the CIA or other controllers losing control to a hostile actor.

This is not implausible, we've already seen some college kids spoof
the GPS signal and in Iran, one was landed while under the control
of someone else. Or at least, while not under our control. How long
until one is used to blow up stuff we don't want blown up?

UE