[liberationtech] Federal interception of CIA emails to journalists, and journalists emails to legal team

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 24 04:20:44 PDT 2012

Journalists lack of comsec has always been the weakest link of
unauthorized disclosures.

Worse is the more pervasive comsec lack by the lazy
overly privileged and coddled publishing industry: publishers, attorneys,
permanent and temporary staff, janitors, visitorsm, messengers, wives
and husbands, children and friends asked to guide parents with
computers, housekeepers, ISPs, cellphone providers and those
pesky pests, insiders and black-baggers working the industry since
it was created and sustained to be all too trustworthy by spies and
sources.

The miscreants deserve Scarlet Letters, since they seldom risk
punishment, not for publishing courage but for comsec negligence
and a persistent flood of leaks for which they put others at
risk with callous indifference bred by arrogance and constitutional
protection.

Assange made four comsec mistakes: trusting new staff and
fair weather friends, believing best friends in the press would
protect him, believing confidential lawyers, then believing
national leaders -- all of them major leakers, social engineers
and targets of spies. What Lamo social engineered out of Manning
is kid stuff by comparison for the industries that thrive and
get rich on siphoning and leaking information.

Never communicate with a member of the media, legal and
political gangs who will sacrifice you and avidly exploit your
cowering in a bolt hole or molderng at Leavenworth and
eagerly expect lengthy trials for more gush and actionable
intelligence on supporters, protestors, bloggers, journos,
and us blathering here and where else but Tor, the biggest
honey trap since religion.