[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS Sixth Birthday Party! Sat. Oct 27

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sat Oct 20 11:39:41 PDT 2012

Folks:

Details will follow as I work them out, but this is just to remind you
that yes, there *will* be a Tahoe-LAFS Sixth Birthday Celebration next
Saturday, October 27, 2012, in Boulder, Colorado and possibly
elsewhere.

I'm going to ask the Boulder Hackerspace if we can use their space. It
is apparently populated with 3-D printers and computer-controlled
machining tools, which is awesome. b:

Shawn suggested using Google Hangouts to connect party locations. I
think that is a great idea! Everyone get Google Hangouts working
before Saturday.

I also strongly recommend the use of projectors to make the screen
real-estate be shared state among all the participants (who are
physically in one room). In contrast, laptop screens are not good for
physical sharing, and parties with laptop screens tend to result in
people reading their private email and stuff, where parties with
projector screens tend to result in people doing things that are more
interesting to everyone else present.

So, I really want to borrow at least two projectors for the Boulder
location. Anybody in Boulder have projectors we can use?

I am thinking of having LeastAuthority.com pay to make t-shirts that
say Tahoe-LAFS on them, and maybe "6th Birthday Party, Oct 27, 2012"
in small print somewhere. Want one? I'll pay the cost to manufacture
and deliver such a t-shirt to the first few [*] people who ask for
one! To get one: 1. sign up for https://LeastAuthority.com service
(which actually costs you *only* for the space you use, so it isn't a
big commitment), and 2. agree to show up at a Physical Tahoe-LAFS
Birthday Party Location to receive your t-shirt.

Regards,

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn

Founder, CEO, and Customer Support Rep

https://LeastAuthority.com

[*] "The first few" = until I run out of t-shirts. I haven't yet
decided how many to make.

----- End forwarded message -----