[liberationtech] Pakistan drone report talk in Baltimore/D.C.?

Yosem Companys companys at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 16 19:33:25 PDT 2012

From: Max Obuszewski <mobuszewski at verizon.net>

I imagine you have heard about the report on drone strikes in Pakistan
put together by a team of law professors and students from NYU and
Standford (http://livingunderdrones.org/report/). We invited a professor
from NYU to talk at Hopkins about the report; she passed our invitation
along to folks at Stanford. The leader of the investigation, Professor
James Cavallaro, the Director of the International Human Rights and
Conflict Resolution Clinic at Stanford, and a law student, Omar Shakir,
who was on the team, are interested in coming. I'm wondering if there
might be interest in organizing a talk in Washington at the same time,
both to share the cost of bringing them and to make the trip more worth
their while. Do you know anyone at Georgetown or elsewhere who might be
interested?

Take care,

Joel

--